If you already have a big database of leads or customers, you probably don’t want to start from scratch acquiring leads, that’s where the email campaign become useful. You can import all your contacts in CSV format, the same format that CRMs use to export data, and send them an email campaign to begin tracking them with LeadBI (Remember to add at least one tracking link).
By opening the Campaign tab you will be prompted with the email campaign dashboard, here you can see data about all email campaigns.
To create your first email campaign: press on the + button, choose a name for the campaign and press Create. Remember to use a name which can help you remember the purpose of the campaign.
- Campaign Name: You can change the campaign name whenever you want.
- Email Subject: The subject of the email that the recipients will receive.
- Email From Name: The name of the sender that the recipients will see.
- Email From Address: The email of the sender that will be displayed to the recipients of the campaign
- Email Reply To: You can choose a different email to be sent a reply when a recipient chooses to reply an email. For example, if you don’t want to receive replies, you can choose something like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add Tags to Recipients: The tag here selected will be added to all recipients of the email after the campaign will be sent. Thanks to this you will be able to segment your contacts for every need you have.
Remember to press the Enter button after entering the desired tag, the tag will not count as entered until it looks like this . You can add all the tags that you need, to remove a tag, click on the white x inside the tag box.
In the Build section you will create the email with our Drag&Drop builder, to a guide on how to use it, please see the Email Template Guide. After you have completed the email, remember to save it using the Save button.
If you don’t want to start from scratch, you can always use an email template you already created, just click on the Templates button and select the one you want to use.
When you are satisfied with the email, press the Next button and start adding recipients.
You can add recipients both from leads acquired from LeadBI and imported contacts.
In the Existing Contacts tab, you can easily find the contacts you need by searching the by various filters, even more than one type at the same time:
- Tag: Shows all contacts with the selected tag, if you add more than one tag filter, it will display leads with at least one of those tags. This is the only filter type that can be added multiple times;
- Email Campaign: Shows only contacts that are also recipients of the selected email campaign;
- Advertising Campaign: Shows only contacts that clicked on the link of the selected advertising campaign;
- Country: Shows only contacts coming from the selected country;
- City: Shows only contacts from the selected city.
You can then select them all prospect shown with a single click. Please Note that except for the tag filter, you can only add one instance of a filter type.
Importing from an external source is easy too, just click on Import CSV in the Imported Contacts tab, configure the import settings and choose a file. Remember to pay attention to what field delimiter your file is using ( most common delimiters are , and ; ) and the identifier of every column. If you don’t know them, you can easily spot the necessary information by opening the CSV file even with a basic text editor program like Notepad, TextEdit or GEDIT.
In addition to basic contact data, you can add more detailed info selecting from all avaiable contact fields and also add custom fields.
Fields you can import:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- First Visit
- Last Activity
- Lead Score
- Page Views
- View Time
You can also directly import a Mailchimp List by using the dedicated button. To use this feature you have to first link your Mailchimp account to LeadBI by adding a new integration in your account settings page ( More>Account>Integrations ).
Remember that all imported contacts will be counted as leads after the campaign sending, be sure to have an adequate plan or to upgrade it if you need to send to a number of contacts greater than your max quota.
In the last step, you can review all information about the sending, go back to previous steps and send a test.
- Campaign Setup: Review Subject and Sender info. Edit button sends back to step 1.
- Campaign Template: Send a test email to whatever address you want ( dynamic content will not work in the test ). Edit button sends back to step 2.
- Campaign Recipients: Check if the number of recipients is correct. Edit button sends back to step 3.
After you checked that all data is correct, you can send the campaign. If you close the page, all data will be saved in a draft, so you can always edit or send it later.
Every draft can be edited or deleted, if you don’t want to start a campaign from scratch, you can copy the campaign and it will inherit all settings from the old campaign. Sent campaign can only be copied.